Date: Wednesday 17 February 2016
Venue: Arts Lecture Room 5 (Arts G.61) and the New Fortune Theatre, The University of Western Australia
Registration: This is a free event but numbers will be limited so please confirm attendance well in advance with Pam Bond (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This symposium runs in conjunction with the performances of Shakespeare’s The Merry Wives of Windsor on the New Fortune Theatre, 16–18 February 2016. It brings together international experts on the play and on theatre history. The emphasis will be on these presentations and discussion, so other papers are not invited.
Further details from Bob White (email@example.com)
Download Symposium Program
- Rob Conkie (La Trobe University): Director The Merry Wives of Windsor, New Fortune Theatre
- Alison Findlay (Lancaster University, UK): Author Women in Shakespeare: A Dictionary (2010)
- Philippa Kelly (Resident Dramaturg, the California Shakespeare Theater): Author of The King and I (Shakespeare Now! series)
- Helen Ostovich (McMaster University, Canada): Online edition The Merry Wives of Windsor, forthcoming
- Peter Reynolds, (University of Newcastle upon Tyne): Senior Honorary Research Fellow, Centre for the History of Emotions
- Elizabeth Schafer (Royal Holloway College, University of London): writing a performance history of The Merry Wives of Windsor for the Manchester University Press Shakespeare in Performance series
- Robert White (UWA): Author The Merry Wives of Windsor: A New Critical Introduction
Image: Henry Fuseli, Scene from The Merry Wives of Windsor. Public domain.